One of the best ways to proof the ePub and mobi files we send you is to view them on the device most people will likely be using when they purchase your eBook. The iPad is probably the most popular eReader on the planet (next to Kindle).
Here’s a little trick on how you can open an ePub file in iBooks or a mobi file with the Kindle Reader (on your iPad):
- Step 1: Create a Dropbox account (don’t worry, it’s free).
- Step 2: Install the iBooks and Kindle apps onto your iPad (if they aren’t on it already).
- Step 3: Install the Dropbox app on your iPad (it’s free too).
- Step 4: Transfer the ePub/Mobi files to your dropbox folder (I’ve likely shared a dropbox folder with your files in it if you asked me to).
- Step 5: Open your dropbox app on the ipad and click on the epub or mobi file – then open it with the appropriate app (you do so by clicking in the upper right hand corner of the iPad screen).
One important caveat if we revise your file and want view the newer version:
IF I send revised epub & mobi files, you must first delete the old file off your iPad BEFORE loading a new file from dropbox. Otherwise, there’s a good chance both iBooks and the Kindle reader will keep reverting to the original file. So here’s how you delete the old files: select ‘Edit’ on the iPad iBooks app (in the iBooks Library view), click on your thumbnail cover, and the hit ‘Delete.’ You delete a book from your Kindle library in a similar way.
How that helped! Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.