Is SITB already enabled for your book on Amazon? If not, it should be. Without it, you are more than likely losing sales you might have had otherwise. For the simple reason – it makes your book more findable on Amazon!
Why? Because when your book is enabled for SITB, Amazon’s computers will actually read your book & thus more accurately categorize & classify your book so you show up in relevant searches, so they’ll be able to ‘recommend’ your book along side a similar title, and the third most obvious reason is that it gets beyond our naturally human reluctance to buy something we can’t first see.
You can find out more and sign up for the program here. I’ve also included a tutorial below to step you through the process:
Getting your book enabled for SITB is currently a 4 step process:
- You have to create an account at Seller Central
- Join the SITB program (you need to be logged in to Seller Central for the link to work).
- Send an email to: email@example.com to request the upload feature be added to your account. After which, you will have a new drop down option available to you after you login to Seller Central that looks like this:
- Upload your pdf. Important!! Be sure you name your pdf file your ISBN# (without the dashes).
- If the cover is not the first page of your pdf, then you need to also include a jpg of your cover. **Zip both files together and upload it to SITB.
**Files must be named as follows (assumes you have your cover and back cover in a jpg file: <ISBN>.zip includes: <ISBN>.PDF, <ISBN>-frontcover.jpg, <ISBN>-backcover.jpg. FYI: The <ISBN> in your filename should NOT include the <>
If you are an existing client, I can provide you additional help on setting this up for your own book.